1 cup pecans, halved
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
flour for dusting
2 pkg puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg yoke
2 tab spoons heavy cream
apples, pears, fresh fruit, bread
1. Combine pecans and brown sugar and set aside.
2. Line baking sheet with parchment
3. Dust surface with flour and place 2 sheets of pastry dough, one on top of the other
4. Use a rolling pin and roll out until its very thin (less than 1/8 inch).
5. Cut pastry in a large circle about 3 to 4 inches larger than the brie wheel.
6. Place brie in the center of the dough.
7. Top brie with pecan sugar mixture and spread evenly. Leave 1/2 inch from edge of brie
8. Takes sides of pastry and wrap up/around to cover brie. Twist dough and crimp as needed. Center of wheel should not be covered.
9. Transfer wheel to parchment paper.
10. Roll out second pastry and cut a second circle.
11. Place second pastry circle on top of pecan and sugar. Seal edges to enclose the wheel.
12. Use scraps of dough to decorate.
13. Whip egg yoke and brush over pastry wheel.
14. Chill for at least 30 min up to over night.
15. Bake at 400 for 30 mins