Thanksgiving Point's Apple Almond Tart
3 tab sugar
1. Set aside 2 apples for later.
2. Peel and core apples and cut into small chunks.
3. Put into sauce pan in 1 inch of water.
4. Cook over medium heat until tender with press of fork about 20 mins.
5. Mash cooked apples into chunky compote
6. Mixture should not be too runny.
7. Add in sugar.
1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup flour
1 large egg
1 tea vanilla
1 tea almond extract
1. In a mixer combine almonds, butter, sugar, and flour.
2. Add in egg yokes only & extract
3. Blend well until dough holds together.
4. Press into tart pan w/ re-moveable bottom
5. Poke holes in crust.
6. Bake at 375 for 15 min or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 mins
8. Pour apples into baked crust
9. Cut remaining apples and arranged on tart.
10. Bake for 10 mins.
Can top with brown sugar and broil or carmel sauce.